Friday 8 June 2012

A Bit About Me

I am a *cough* mid 30's mum of two fab boys.  Well I would say they are fab wouldn't I? Who doesn't think their kids are great?

I am not the worlds best cyclist by a whole long shot.  I sort of got hooked by not being a very good runner.  I let myself be talked into a triathlon and ended up loving the bike 'bit'.

I live, as the name suggests in Manchester.  In Trafford, south on the city centre.  I would love to say I am one of those yummy mummy types in Hale or Bowdon, but I won't start telling fibs in what is only my second post.

My bikes (so far) consist of a beautiful Specialized Ruby Elite and a Specialized Vita which serves as my main workhorse and commuter bike.  The Ruby is kept purely for a) looking at and going ooooh and b) riding a bit faster than I would on the Vita.

I am a member of Altrincham Seamons Cycling club.  http://www.seamonscc.co.uk/

They are a lovely bunch.  A couple of years ago, they started social rides for those of us who dont want to tear around Cheshire at 25mph and offer a more sedate pace, but still a good 30-50 mile ride.  Sadly a few months ago I had a discectomy on my back and I haven't been out with them half as much as I would have liked.  But I am getting fitter all the time.  So it wont be long........

No comments:

Post a Comment