Monday 8 July 2013

Womens DZR Link - A review

A bit of light relief and a product review...

I have coveted the DZR Link Charcoal shoe for some time now.  My quest to find clothes to cycle in that don't make me look like a cyclist is a lengthy mission.  The market for men's 'Urban'cycle clothes is booming and as I have previously mentioned, even H&M are about to jump on the band wagon.

Sadly, as its often the case, manufacturers are slow on the uptake when it comes to catering for women.  This is one reason I like companies like Vulpine, who, from the outset have tried to provide equally for both sexes and present images of women in a positive way.

Anyway, I digress.  This is why I don't usually do product reviews. I do go off at tangents.


How could you not love them?

They are a dusky almost moleskin grey.  They have wonderful attention to detail, like the small reflective company logo on the heel.



I even loved the box they came in 





See it IS reflective!



Breathable too around your toesies


Here is the little bit you need to remove for your cleats.  Ask a grown up to help you.



The extra strap over the laces, meant they felt quite secure for cycling in.  However they are quite heavy due to the stiffened sole.  So are more suited to times when you are going to be cycling more than walking.  If you had to walk in them all day, I would imagine they could be uncomfortable.  Also, they are a rather narrow fit (aren't all cycling shoes).  This sadly meant I had to be sensible and return them.

It was a very sad occasion indeed.  I had become very fond of them.


The new Link Lime are a bit smashing too. But I will have to admire from afar due to my flipper feet!  :-D




1 comment:

  1. I thought you'd solved my problem for a moment, but sadly not - the search goes on!

    ReplyDelete